Friday, February 13, 2009

Haitian Love Songs (Coco Rosie)


(Interpretation of early black and white haitian love songs)
Oceans wept
Moutains slept
Sidewalks crumbled to ash
Your name remains
In children's lullabies
And your eyes forever in the sky

Pull me close
Dear i'm tremblin'
Hold me tight
I'm afraid of the night
Blackness fills the room
Your love burns bright

Oh summer winds
Remind me of your kiss
Soft and warm
I never want to leave this

I never wanted to say goodbye
I'd throw myself to the sea
If god promised you're inside
We'd float to island paradise
And i'd become your bride

The countryside looks bare
Without you lying in her grass
The stream is dry
And the crickets, are silent
There's no music in the night
I'd breathe my last breath
So you could sigh
I'd become smoke
And hide in your cigarette pack

To be a star
Tossing light
To sparkle in your eyes
I'd become an angel
And kiss this earth goodbye

Destiny
Use to be
Just a word to me
But heaven sure was right
When they said jesus left somethin' behind

Every inch of this body
I'd plate in gold for you
Even though i ain't go no money
I'd do it just to keep you

Your eyes appear
In every dream
They glitter and they gleam
Like the first time we meet

The chickens crowed
And i knowed your home
My spirit ran to greet you
Before my feet left the porch

No comments:

Post a Comment